If your child is ill, please let the school know as soon as possible on the first day of absence. Ways to let us know
- A telephone call 01209 714241 and leave a message on the absence line.
- If we do not hear from a parent by 9am we will contact them to ascertain why their child is absent from school.
- If there is no answer we will continue through the contacts provided.
- If we have no reason for the absence by 12pm, on the first day of absence then, in order to ensure the safety of our children and families, we will carry out a same day home visit.
- If however, having carried out the home visit, we still do not know the reason for the absence we may contact the police and ask them to carryout a welfare check if we are concerned for you or your child’s safety.
- At Roskear we take the safeguarding of children very seriously.
Absent for more than one day?
As part of our safeguarding role we kindly ask that even if you have called in on the first day you leave us a message on consequent days to let us know how your child is recovering.
Not collecting your child?
If your child is going home with someone else, please inform a member of staff . If you collect your child, please inform the school if you know you are going to be delayed. Children not collected by 3.30pm will be sent to our After School Club and you may be charged.
Changes at Home?
If there are any changes in home circumstances which might affect your child at school, please let us know so we can ensure we have the most up to date information.
Please notify us of any existing or new medical conditions which may affect your child in school e.g. asthma, allergies.