Optional Home Enrichment Tasks
As a school we believe that properly designed homework can play a valuable part in a child’s education. Certainly, over a school career, homework can add a substantial amount of study time. We recognise the fact that the purpose of homework may change as pupils get older and that the needs of the individual pupil should be taken into account.
We believe homework works best when:
- Children and parent/carers are clear about what they need to do
- Parents and carers are treated as partners in their child’s learning
- Tasks are carefully planned in year groups and with structures to support by progression in learning, as part of the school’s curriculum
- It builds on and helps consolidate learning done in class
- There is a regular programme so that everyone knows what to expect
- Homework is achievable by all pupils and adaptions are made where necessary
- There is a consistency in expectation across the school.
Timetable of Homework
Pupils have homework grids each half term